Register Today: Part 58 In-Depth Environmental Review Training (Region 2) - Toms River, NJ - April 30 - May 2, 2019
This is a three-day, mid-level, in-depth training for staff responsible for environmental reviews conducted under 24 CFR Part 58 for HUD-funded activities. The purpose of this course is to provide HUD grantees with a comprehensive understanding of how to demonstrate and document compliance with Part 58 and its related environmental laws.
The training covers:
- Basic Environmental Training/24 CFR Part 58
- Project Classification/Environmental Determination
- Environmental Review Procedures (Environmental Assessment Checklists and Statutory Checklists)
- Environmental Review Records Content
- Reevaluation of the Environmental Finding, and Releases of Funds
- Compliance with the Laws and Authorities at 58.5 and 58.6:
- Historic Properties
- Endangered Species
- Environmental Justice
- Site Contamination
- Wetland Protection
- Floodplain Management
- National Flood Insurance Program
- HEROS process among other topics
Who Should Attend?
Region 2 HUD entitlement communities and State CDBG Small Cities community staff responsible for the environmental process or involved with environmental reviews under 24 CFR Part 58 regulations. This training is not recommended for personnel who do not, or will not, actively participate in the environmental review process.
Ocean County Library
101 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753
Dates: April 30 - May 2, 2019
Session Times: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT
The deadline for registration is April 19, 2019.
Advanced registration is required; no walk-ins. To register, please e-mail Lynn.Rakos@hud.gov the following information for each participant:
- Agency or Organization
- Phone number
- Email address
Materials will be provided to each participant. There is no fee for this training.