Register Today: Part 58 Environmental Review Training (Region IX) - San Francisco, CA - June 18-20, 2019
The HUD Region IX Office of Environment and Energy invites you to attend a free, 3-day training to help HUD grantees; tribal, state, and local government staff; “Responsible Entities;” public housing authorities; and consultants undertaking HUD environmental reviews gain a better understanding of federal environmental requirements and procedures. This training is designed for those who prepare environmental reviews pursuant to 24 CFR Part 58.
We will discuss approaches and processes for conducting environmental reviews in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Part 58 laws and authorities. The training will include lecture, exercises, and demonstrations of online tools. Topics include:
- Determining level of NEPA review
- Historic preservation
- Air quality
- Floodplain and wetland management
- Flood insurance
- Coastal zone management
- Endangered species
- Farmland protection
- Sole source aquifers
- Wild and scenic rivers
- Environmental justice
- Explosive and flammable operations
- Noise assessment
- Airport hazards
- Site contamination and toxic substances
- Environmental assessment factors
- Request for Release of Funds (RROF) process
- HUD’s Environmental Review Online System (HEROS)
Who Should Attend?
HUD grantees; tribal, state, and local government staff; “Responsible Entities;” public housing authorities; and consultants.
Due to limited space and the goal of disseminating information as widely as possible, we respectfully ask that each organization registers no more than two people. We understand that additional staff may find this training beneficial but ask that you please wait to register additional staff until after June 1, 2019.
HUD San Francisco Regional Office
One Sansome Street
San Francisco, California 94104
June 18, 2019, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PDT
June 19, 2019, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PDT
June 20, 2019, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PDT
Lunch breaks will be approximately 1 hour.
Advanced registration is required. Please visit the registration page to register.
Registered participants will be notified how to access training materials approximately 1 week before the training. These materials must be downloaded in advance. Paper handouts will not be available at the training.
For additional questions, contact your local Field Environmental Officer:
- Morgan Griffin | firstname.lastname@example.org | (415) 489-6731
- Bonnie Hulkower | email@example.com | (213) 534-2539
- Elizabeth McDargh | firstname.lastname@example.org | (213) 534-2578
- Kathleen McNulty | email@example.com | (213) 534-2635
- Stanley Toal | firstname.lastname@example.org | (415) 489-6668