Register Today: Region 2 - Part 58 In-Depth Environmental Review Training - New York, NY - March 24 - 26, 2020
This three-day, mid-level, in-depth training is intended for staff responsible for environmental reviews conducted under 24 CFR Part 58 for HUD-funded activities. The purpose of this course is to provide HUD grantees with a comprehensive understanding of how to demonstrate and document compliance with Part 58 and its related environmental laws.
This training is free of charge.
The training topics include:
- Basic Environmental Training/24 CFR 58
- Project Classification/Environmental Determination
- Environmental Review Procedures (Environmental Assessment factors and Statutory factors)
- Environmental Review Records Content
- Reevaluation of the Environmental Finding, and Releases of Funds
- Compliance with the Laws and Authorities at 58.5 and 58.6:
- Historic Properties
- Endangered Species
- Environmental Justice
- Site Contamination
- Wetland Protection
- Floodplain Management
- National Flood Insurance Program
- HEROS process among other topics
Who Should Attend?
Region 2 HUD entitlement communities and State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities community staff responsible for the environmental process or involved with environmental reviews under 24 CFR Part 58 regulations.
*This training is not recommended for personnel who do not, or will not, actively participate in the environmental review process.
Dates: March 24 - 26, 2020
Sessions: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT
26 Federal Plaza
36th floor, Room 108
New York, NY 10278
Advanced registration is required; no walk-ins.
To register, please e-mail Lynn.Rakos@hud.gov the following information for each participant:
- Agency or Organization
- Phone number
- Email address
The deadline for registration is March 17, 2020.
Materials will be provided to each participant. There is no fee for this training.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)