Submitting and Amending Applications in e-snaps
Project applications are submitted in e-snaps for Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 CoC Program Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) and the CoC Program Special NOFO.
The CoC Program NOFO application deadline is September 30, 2022. The HUD Exchange has resources to help these last few days go smoothly.
These resources are also relevant to Special NOFO applications due on October 20, 2022.
Submitting Project Applications
Make sure applications are submitted on time so the CoC Collaborative Applicant can review them and rank them in the CoC Priority Listing. Review the Submitting the CoC Program Project Application in e-snaps resource for step-by-step instructions for submitting the CoC Program project application in e-snaps and troubleshooting issues that prevent project applicants from submitting applications.
Amending Project Applications
If a CoC Collaborative Applicant needs a project applicant to make a correction, project applicants need to respond quickly to the request by finding the amended application on the Submissions screen, making corrections, and resubmitting it. Review the Common Issues Encountered in e-snaps resource, specifically the section on submitting and amending applications. For your convenience, we have included some of the instructions from the resource.
Steps to Amend Project Applications
Project applicants may need to edit a submitted project application if they find an error or if the Collaborative Applicant requests a change be made. In these situations, the Collaborative Applicant needs to send back (amend) the application to the project applicant. Follow these steps:
- Initiate the process: The project applicant and Collaborative Applicant need to contact each other outside of e-snaps (via email or phone). Email requests are preferred as this method ensures a record of the request—the date, time, persons involved, and reason for amending the application.
- Notify the project applicant: The Collaborative Applicant needs to notify the project applicant outside of e-snaps (via email or phone) that the project application has been sent back for changes. e-snaps does not send a notification to the project applicant.
- Update the project application: The project applicant would take the following steps:
- Log into e-snaps. After the project application has been amended, any person who is an authorized e-snaps user with the project applicant's organization will be able to access the amended project application.
- Select “Submissions” on the left menu bar.
- Find the project application that was amended to the applicant. Review the list under the Project Name column or use the Project Name dropdown menu and “Filter” button. The Project Name for the project application will be listed, but it will no longer have a date under the Date Submitted column.
- Select the “Open Folder” icon to the left of the project with no submission date.
- Make the required change(s), saving each form as it is revised.
- Select the “Submit” button.
- Notify the Collaborative Applicant that the project application has been resubmitted.
- Update the CoC Priority Listing: The Collaborative Applicant would take the following steps:
- Select the "Update List” button for the relevant Project Listing so the project application reappears.
- Notify the project applicant that the application successfully uploaded.
Submitting the CoC Consolidated Application
Remember that the CoC Consolidated Application has two parts:
- CoC Application
- CoC Priority Listing
The CoC Priority Listing has several Project Listings that collect the project applications, and the entire package of project applications and their rankings are submitted to HUD when the Collaborative Applicant submits the CoC Priority Listing.
At this time, some CoC Collaborative Applicants select the “Update List” button on the Project Listing screens, at which point e-snaps freezes and the applications do not upload. If this happens, send an email to email@example.com immediately with the subject line "URGENT Project Listing Issue".
Questions about the CoC Program must be submitted to the appropriate HUD.gov email address, as follows:
- For questions about the FY 2022 CoC Program Competition process, please email CoCNOFO@hud.gov. Please Note: Starting two days prior to the application deadline for FY 2022 CoC Program Competition, this email address will only respond to emergency technical support questions up to the deadline of September 30, 2022, at 8:00 PM EDT
- For questions about e-snaps functionality (e.g., password lockout, access to user’s application account, updating Applicant Profile), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the Special NOFO published as a separate funding opportunity, please email SpecialCoCNOFO@hud.gov.
Questions about policy and program implementation should continue to be submitted to the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. In Step 2 of the question submission process, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list. Please do not submit competition questions or questions about e-snaps to the CoC Program AAQ help desk or the e-snaps AAQ help desk.
SNAPS Mailing List Subscription
Stay up to date on HUD’s SNAPS news and updates for grantees and interested stakeholders:
- Sign up for SNAPS Competition Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Program Information through HUD.gov
- Sign up for SNAPS Technical Assistance Information through the HUD Exchange