PD&R Issues Call for Papers for Cityscape Symposium
HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R) invites submissions for a symposium in a future issue of Cityscape that will feature articles that address how communities have implemented strategies to reduce the regulatory barriers that drive up the cost of housing.
Topics might include (but are not limited to):
- Quantifying the impact of regulations on housing price
- Impacts of zoning and design requirements on housing production
- Analyzing the effects of impact fees and taxes on housing supply
- Removing barriers to factory-built housing in rural and Tribal communities
- Code compliance and barriers to affordable housing development
- Streamlining the permitting and environmental review process
- Tracking accessory dwelling unit ordinances allowance across the U.S.
- Identifying and closing data gaps in the regulatory barriers scholarship
Please electronically submit an abstract describing your proposed paper to Regina Gray (Regina.C.Gray@hud.gov) by May 15, 2020. Each abstract will be subject to peer review. Authors of approved abstracts will be notified by June 15, 2020 and invited to submit full manuscripts by October 15, 2020. Authors will be responsible for addressing issues raised by the editors and/or reviewers by the designated deadline. Please direct questions or requests for additional information to Regina Gray.
View the Call for Papers for the Cityscape Symposium on Reducing Regulatory Barriers to Affordable Housing.
PD&R publishes Cityscape, a scholarly journal, three times a year. View more information and past issues.