Building HOME Online Training – New Modules Now Available!
HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs (OAHP) is pleased to announce the availability of 2 new modules of the new Building HOME Online Training course!
- NEW: Module 11: Reporting and IDIS
In this module, you will learn how to use the Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) as a management tool and the requirements for performance reporting.
- NEW: Module 12: Other Federal Requirements
In this module, you will learn about additional federal requirements related to the HOME program including nondiscrimination, employment, environmental, lead-based paint, and relocation requirements.
Learn more about the Building HOME Online Training course below.
Calling HOME Program Practitioners of All Levels
Whether you are new to the HOME Program or want to deepen your existing knowledge, this training is for you.
- Newcomers to the HOME Program can work through each module in consecutive order, to get a soup-to-nuts training on HOME regulations and implementation
- Current practitioners can use the online training to check their knowledge of the current HOME Program requirements and get tips on program implementation for each of the key HOME activities
Engage with an interactive, self-paced online training that guides you through key requirements and topic areas using real-world scenarios from multiple job role perspectives while also checking your knowledge along the way with challenge questions and exams. Multiple resources and job aids are also included.
Take the first three modules in sequential order. These core modules lead you through a track of program-wide basics. You must complete these core modules before you can take the remaining modules.
- Module 1: Overview of the HOME Program
- Module 2: HOME Program Requirements
- Module 3: HOME Program Administration
Expand Your Base
Once you complete the core modules, take any or all of the other remaining modules that are of interest to you, in any order that you wish. The optional modules that are currently available are:
- Module 4: Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
- Module 5: Homebuyer Programs
- Module 6: Rental Housing Activities
- Module 7: Rental Housing – Long-Term Compliance
- Module 8: Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Module 9: Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Module 10: HOME Match
- Module 11: Reporting and Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS)
- Module 12: Other Federal Requirements
Complete all modules to learn the full breadth of eligible HOME activities and to access guidance related to effective and compliant implementation.