Take the Building HOME Online Training Today
Have you and your staff explored the new Building HOME Online Training? Whether you’re new to the HOME Program or want to deepen your knowledge, the Building HOME Online Training is for you!
What Users are Saying
Join the over 1,800 users who have already engaged with these training modules. Here’s what they are saying:
- Available 24/7 on the HUD Exchange—get started and take breaks as it fits into your schedule
- Engaging and interactive, with bite-sized topics within each module
- 12 modules that cover the key requirements and topics you need, including homebuyer programs, rental development, and tenant-based rental assistance
- Real-world affordable housing development scenarios, offering multiple job role perspectives
- Challenge questions and exams to test your knowledge
Take the first three modules in sequential order. These core modules lead you through a track of program-wide basics. You must complete these core modules before you can take the remaining modules.
- Module 1: Overview of the HOME Program
- Module 2: HOME Program Requirements
- Module 3: HOME Program Administration
Expand Your Base
Once you complete the core modules, take any or all of the other remaining modules that are of interest to you, in any order that you wish.
- Module 4: Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
- Module 5: Homebuyer Programs
- Module 6: Rental Housing Activities
- Module 7: Rental Housing – Long-Term Compliance
- Module 8: Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)
- Module 9: Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Module 10: HOME Match
- Module 11: Reporting and Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS)
- Module 12: Other Federal Requirements
Complete all modules to learn the full breadth of eligible HOME activities and to access guidance related to effective and compliant implementation.