Register Today: 2022 Fair Housing Planning Office Hours
Update: Registration is now open for session 19 of the Fair Housing Planning Office Hours. Register today!
This bi-monthly series of virtual office hours will allow HUD program participants to ask questions related to fair housing planning and the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) Interim Final Rule, "Restoring AFFH Definitions and Certifications".
Office Hours Format
The first session of the month will be general in nature and will answer program participants’ questions related to fair housing planning. Topics discussed might include:
- Conducting an Analysis of Impediments (AI), Assessment of Fair Housing (AFH), or other form of fair housing planning document
- Conducting effective community participation to reach all protected class groups
- Implementing any fair housing planning documents
- Reporting on any fair housing planning documents
The second session of each month will be topical and will discuss the following:
- Community engagement
- Data analysis and local data sources for the AI and AFH
- Fair housing issues and contributing factors
- Goal setting
Participants will be able to:
- Understand fair housing planning best practices and voluntary requirements under the AFFH Interim Final Rule, "Restoring AFFH Definitions and Certifications"
- Refamiliarize themselves on how to conduct fair housing planning, such as producing an AI, an AFH, or other fair housing planning documents in compliance with the AFFH Interim Final Rule, "Restoring AFFH Definitions and Certifications"
Who Should Attend?
These office hours sessions are intended for HUD grantees, including participating jurisdictions (PJs) and public housing agencies (PHAs), who are responsible for producing fair housing documents.
|Training||Dates and Times||Registration|
|Session 19 – General Questions||December 13, 2022
4:00 - 5:00 PM EST
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Training Point of Contact
2022 Fair Housing Planning Office Hours Registrar | email@example.com