Register Today: 2021 Section 3 Final Rule Training Series
Section 3 is a provision of the HUD Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. To the greatest extent possible, Section 3 requires that recipients of certain HUD financial assistance provide job training and employment opportunities to low- or very low-income residents in connection with projects and activities in their neighborhoods.
Effective November 30, 2020, the new Section 3 Final Rule is designed to improve a focus on economic opportunity outcomes while simultaneously reducing the regulatory burden on those entities that receive those funds.
Register today for this virtual training series, taking place throughout 2021, which will discuss the key changes in the rule including:
- Focusing on key outcome metrics, such as the sustained employment of individuals in targeted populations
- Crediting retention of low- and very low-income employees and successful sustained employment in the reporting metrics
- Aligning Section 3 reporting with standard business practices and payroll tracking methods
- Allowing for tailored outcome benchmarks for different geographies and/or different projects
- Reducing reporting requirements for grantees who are meeting outcome benchmarks
- Integrating Section 3 oversight into the work of the program offices who are in regular contact with the grantees
- Promoting the newly created portal to connect low- and very low-income people, who need jobs most, with businesses who have Section 3 job opportunities in their area
This series will:
- Introduce the purpose and scope of Section 3
- Detail the Section 3 Final Rule and the key changes to the program
- Identify administrative and implementation requirements as a result of the Section 3 Final Rule
- Describe new Section 3 reporting requirements
- Identify relevant resources
Who Should Attend?
This series is relevant to HUD grantees impacted by Section 3. Each training delivery is offered to grantees within a specific HUD Region.
This three-day virtual training will include two hours of instruction per day.
You must commit to attending all three days of the training and be an active participant each day.
Space is limited. Register as early as possible to secure your spot. Each delivery covers the same content.
You may only register for and participate in one delivery for the HUD Region you are located in.
You must have a HUD Exchange account to register. Follow these instructions for registering.
Training Point of Contact
Section 3 Final Rule Training Series Registrar | firstname.lastname@example.org