Materials Posted: 2021 ConnectHomeUSA Virtual Summit – October 4-6, 2021
HUD's Office of Public and Indian Housing hosted a three-day virtual summit for ConnectHomeUSA (CHUSA) communities, public housing authorities (PHAs), tribes, public-private stakeholders, and anyone interested in promoting digital inclusion in their community.
The CHUSA program hosted six presentations and six Facilitated Idea Exchange sessions on timely digital inclusion topics, during which participants could connect, exchange ideas, and leave with concrete tools for continued growth of their digital inclusion programs and partnerships in their communities.
The presentations covered a range of digital inclusion topics and featured speakers from CHUSA communities, federal agencies, stakeholders, and other advocates for digital inclusion.
The Facilitated Idea Exchange sessions gave each participant the opportunity to select one of three topics to discuss with panelists, communities, and other attendees.
Participants were able to:
- Identify funding opportunities and strategies to support the growth and success of digital inclusion initiatives
- Collaborate and exchange ideas with CHUSA communities and stakeholders to improve and innovate program design and implementation
- Learn about innovative connectivity models from communities around the country
- Identify strategies for engaging hard-to-reach residents
- Continue to strengthen the three-legged stool of digital inclusion: affordable connectivity, digital literacy, and low-cost devices
Who Should Attend?
This summit was intended for CHUSA communities as well as other PHAs, tribes, other affordable housing providers, and public and private stakeholders who are interested in narrowing the digital divide in their communities.
Summit Point of Contact
2021 CHUSA Virtual Summit Registrar | email@example.com