- Homelessness Assistance Main
Resources for Homeless Persons
Local agencies provide a range of services, including food, housing, health, and safety. Contact a national hotline or locate an organization near you.
Learn more about other available food programs.
Health and Safety
- Locate a Health Center near you, including Health Care for the Homeless Programs
- Locate Behavioral Health Treatment Services near you, including substance abuse, mental health, and veteran services.
- Treatment Referral Routing Service: 1-800-662-4357 for confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental health and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations.
- Locate HIV/AIDS care services near you.
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-786-2929 provides support to at-risk youth and their families 24 hours a day through phone, email, and live chat.
- Locate a Runaway and Homeless Youth Program near you for emergency shelter, transitional living program, or street outreach program for runaway or homeless youth.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 is available 24/7 to talk confidentially with anyone experiencing domestic violence, seeking resources or information, or questioning unhealthy aspects of their relationship.
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 is available 24/7 to talk confidentially with anyone experiencing child abuse, seeking resources or information, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 provides crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 is available 24/7 to confidentially provide counseling services at a crisis center in your area.
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888 is available 24/7 to confidentially provide help to victims of human trafficking.
- Help for Homeless Veterans Helpline: 1-877-424-3838 provides 24/7 access to VA’s services for homeless and at-risk Veterans.
- Locate a VA Medical Center for medical care.
- Locate a Community Resource and Referral Center near you that provides Veterans who are homeless and at risk of homelessness with one-stop access to community-based, multiagency services to promote permanent housing, health and mental health care, career development and access to VA and non-VA benefits.
Learn more about other services and benefits available to homeless veterans by visiting the Resources for Homeless Veterans and HUDVet page, the Veterans Administration page for homeless veterans, and National Coalition for Homeless Veterans.