Housing Counseling FAQ

If we do not have a 501(c) designation but are still an exempt organization, can we still apply to be a HUD approved housing counseling agency?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


HUD-approved housing counseling agencies are private and public nonprofit organizations that are exempt from taxation under section 501(a) pursuant to section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1996, 26 U.S.C. 501(a) and 501(c). If your organization meets either one of these requirements, provide a copy of the letter IRS issued officially recognizing your organization’s tax exemption status.


Tags: Housing Counseling Program Housing Counseling Agency Approval