My community could benefit from this technical assistance. Is the Distressed Cities Technical Assistance (DCTA) Program only available to cities?

Date Published: September 2019

Print ShareThis


The title of the program includes "cities," and HUD often uses "communities" in Distressed Cities documentation and guidance. However, when it comes to official determinations of eligibility, HUD will require applicants to be Units of General Local Government (UGLGs) or tribal governments. UGLGs include cities, towns, townships, counties, parishes, villages, or other general-purpose political subdivisions of a State. For U.S. territories, the equivalent of UGLGs (e.g. districts, counties, or municipalities) are eligible for consideration for DCTA.

Please note that there are additional selection criteria for this program. Not all UGLGs or tribal governments will be eligible or selected for technical assistance under the DCTA Program. Visit the Distressed Cities Technical Assistance page on the HUD Exchange to learn more about selection criteria.

Tags: DCTA Application Process

Links in This FAQ