What types of entities or organizations are eligible to receive technical assistance under the Distressed Cities Technical Assistance (DCTA) Program?

Date Published: September 2019

Print ShareThis


The direct recipients of DCTA will be Units of General Local Government (UGLGs) (cities, townships, counties, parishes, villages, etc.) and tribal governments. UGLG equivalents in U.S. territories (e.g. districts, counties, or municipalities) may also be eligible to receive DCTA. The entity that receives the technical assistance must either directly govern the community or be directly involved in policy making and/or program development for that community.

If you are considering submitting a request for technical assistance, visit the U.S. Census Bureau's Data website to ensure that data is available for your community. If you are a representative of a U.S. territory other than Puerto Rico, please contact distressedcities@hud.gov for further guidance on determining eligibility.

Tags: DCTA Application Process

Links in This FAQ