CDBG Entitlement FAQ

Can an urban county fail to receive a CDBG grant during any year of its three-year qualification period?

Date Published: March 2019

Print ShareThis


Yes. If the urban county fails to apply for its CDBG grant by not submitting its SF 424, Consolidated Plan/Action Plan, and certifications by August 16 of that year, it will not receive a CDBG grant. This has the effect of the urban county relinquishing its status for that year. The urban county may requalify the following year for the next three-year qualification period if it wants to do so.

Tags: CDBG Entitlement Program Urban County