CDBG Entitlement FAQ

What options do UGLGs have if they decide not to participate in the urban county's CDBG program?

Date Published: March 2019

Print ShareThis


Non-entitlement units of general local government (UGLGs) choosing not to participate in the urban county's CDBG program may apply for CDBG funds from the State where it is located or choose not to participate in the CDBG program at all. An UGLG that reaches the population threshold to become an entitlement will be notified of its status. The UGLG must respond in writing to the county and field office that it either accepts or defers its entitlement status. If the UGLG accepts its entitlement status, it may either carry out its own CDBG program as an entitlement or enter into a joint agreement with the county during its year of qualification.

Tags: CDBG Entitlement Program Urban County