Grantees that think strategically may also dispose of property to other organizations, such as private developers. Here again, the disposition must lead to an eligible end use, such as affordable housing or low- to moderate-income (LMI) area benefit activities such as a park.
Some private end uses that will likely qualify are:
- Sale or donation of lots to adjacent income-eligible property owners to ensure continued maintenance as side yards (LMH)
- Sale or long term lease for low- to moderate-income housing (LMH) (single-family or multi-family, owner or renter)
- Disposition for economic development (parking lot for corner store in low- to moderate-income area (LMA)
- Disposition for economic development (play lot for in-home daycare facility) (LMJ)
- Disposition for economic development (site assembly for a machine shop that will employ neighborhood residents)