Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

If an agency hires a contract person to write their NOFA grant, can it be paid with HUD funds from the comprehensive grant if received?

Date Published: August 2018

Print ShareThis


No, fees paid to contracted grant writers and other consultants are not allowable as a direct expense under the Housing Counseling program. These costs are not listed as an eligible direct expense.

A portion of expenses incurred for contract grant writers’ fees related to the proposal costs of the current account period may be eligible as part of an agency’s approved negotiated indirect cost rate agreement. Please see 2 CFR 200.460 [Proposal Costs]. Note that proposal costs incurred during past accounting periods are not allocable to the current period.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Reimbursements

Links in This FAQ