Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

How can an Intermediary or State Housing Finance Agency verify if subgrantees and affiliates have certified housing counselors?

Date Published: August 2017

Print ShareThis


An Intermediary or State Housing Finance Agency could either designate an FHAC Application Coordinator to verify the employment status of individuals who work for their affiliates and subgrantees and ensure that those entities have HUD certified housing counselors, or request verification from subgrantee and affiliates as part of their network oversight.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Counselor/Coordinator Application Process