e-snaps FAQ

Why is HUD requiring a new Certification Regarding Lobbying form?

Date Published: July 2017

Print ShareThis


Federal agencies require the submission of a signed Certification Regarding Lobbying to ensure applicants acknowledge the requirements in Section 319 of Public Law 101-121, 31 U.S.C. 1352, (the Byrd Amendment) and 24 CFR part 87 before receiving a federal award. These statutes and regulation prohibit the use of federal award funds for lobbying the executive or legislative branches of the Federal Government in connection with a specific award. This requirement is different and separate from the requirement for applicants to report lobbying activities using the SF-LLL form. The SF-LLL form must still be submitted by applicants that lobby or intend to lobby using non-federal funds. The only applicants excepted from submitting the Certification Regarding Lobbying form are federally-recognized Indian tribes because of each tribe's sovereign power.

Tags: e-snaps NOFAs/Notices - FY 2017 NOFA