Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

HOPWA is listed in the certification rule as a “HUD Program where housing counseling is funded under the HUD program.” How is HOPWA affected by the Final Rule on housing counselor certification?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


Housing counseling is an eligible activity under HOPWA. If a grantee chooses to fund housing counseling activities under their program, the housing counseling must be provided by a HUD certified housing counselor working for an agency approved to participate in HUD’s Housing Counseling program, by the Final Compliance Date. Please see FAQ 3147 regarding case management.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Requirements on Other Specific HUD Programs - Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS HOPWA Program Requirements - Housing Counseling

Links in This FAQ