Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Does an employee of an organization that oversees a network of Affiliates, Branches and Subgrantees, such as for an Intermediary or a State Housing Finance Agency, need to meet the certification requirements?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


Only counselors that provide direct housing counseling or that oversee group education classes must be HUD certified.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Certification Rule - Who Needs to Be Certified