Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Does a guest speaker presenting at a group education session for a Participating Agency have to be certified?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


HUD recognizes that Participating Agencies often use other agency staff and industry professionals such as Realtors, Home Inspectors, and Loan Officers as presenters at home buyer education and other group workshops. This Final Rule does not require that all group education presenters be HUD certified. However, while not all group education presenters are required to be certified, all group education provided by a Participating Agency approved to participate in HUD's Housing Counseling Program must be overseen by a HUD certified housing counselor.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Certification Rule - Who Needs to Be Certified

Links in This FAQ