Housing Counseling FAQ

Can individuals who work for a HUD Housing Counseling Program Participating Agency, but who are not currently providing housing counseling services, become certified?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


Yes, agency staff that work for a Participating Agency, who do not provide housing counseling, but are currently performing other functions, may become certified provided they pass the certification examination, and their employment has been verified by the Participating Agency to comply with HUD requirements. HUD continues to require that at least half the Participating Agency's counselors must have at least 6 months of experience in the job they will perform in the Participating Agency's Housing Counseling Program.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Certification Rule - Who Needs to Be Certified