Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

When can a Housing Counselor use the title "HUD Certified Housing Counselor"?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


Only housing counselors certified by HUD (i.e., counselors who have both passed the HUD certification examination and work for a HUD Housing Counseling Program Participating Agency) may utilize the title "HUD Certified Housing Counselor".

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Certification Rule - Who Needs to Be Certified