Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Does an employee of an organization that oversees a network of Affiliates, Branches, and Subgrantees, such as for an Intermediary or a State Housing Finance Agency, need to meet the certification requirements?

Date Published: December 2016

Print ShareThis


Only individuals that provide direct housing counseling or that oversee group education classes must be certified.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Compliance with Certification Requirements - Intermediary/SHFA/Multi State Organization Oversight Responsibilities