Can the lead agency receive funding via this NOFA to pay for the staff they would be committing to this project? 

Date Published: March 2019

Print ShareThis


Yes. Selected communities may apply for funds to conduct planning related activities through the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program "Planning" component type outlined in 24 CFR 578.39. These funds may be used to conduct needs analyses, develop and implement the Coordinated Community Plan, and evaluate the outcomes of the local Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP). Persons participating in these activities, including a full time staff position paid by the lead agency, may be compensated without need for a waiver of existing regulations. If the selected community wishes to compensate a staff member for activities other than those listed at 24 CFR 578.39 and above, they can request a waiver of those regulations with the submission of their planning project application for consideration by HUD. There is, however, no guarantee that a waiver will be granted, as the YHDP waiver process is specifically intended to provide flexibility for innovation.

Tags: YHDP Eligible Activities

Links in This FAQ