Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

The HECM Counseling Certificates generated in FHA Connection do not have the counseling agency’s tax identification number (TIN) or employer identification number (EIN). Will this be a problem for the lenders?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


No, each certificate will have a unique alpha-numeric ID which the lender will use to look the client up in the FHA Connection. As of the effective date of the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Roster final rule, the TIN and EIN are no longer required on the HECM Counseling Certificate.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program HECM Counseling Requirements