Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Can a counselor work part-time for more than one HUD-approved agency? If so, do I have to register on the Roster for each agency?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


Yes, a counselor can work for more than one agency. The counselor would complete one application using one of the agency’s Housing Counseling System (HCS) ID numbers. The counselor would notify the Application Coordinator for each agency that employs him/her. The Application Coordinator for each agency will validate the counselor’s employment with his/her agency.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program HECM Counseling Requirements