Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Who can I contact if I have complaints regarding a HECM counselor?

Date Published: September 2015

Print ShareThis


If a consumer, lender, or representative from the housing industry has a concern or complaint about the services provided by a particular HECM counselor, they should immediately contact the Office of Housing Counseling at

Tags: Housing Counseling Program HECM Counseling Requirements