Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Do the recordkeeping requirements apply to affiliates and branches of intermediaries/state finance agencies and non-funded HUD approved agencies?

Date Published: March 2015

Print ShareThis


They apply to all HUD-approved and participating agencies. 24 CFR Part 214 Section 214.315 and the most current version of HUD Handbook 7610.1 REV-5 are the main sources of guidance on recordkeeping. It is important to emphasize that HUD’s housing counseling recordkeeping requirements apply to affiliates and branches of HUD-approved intermediaries as well. Intermediaries and State Housing Finance Agencies (SHFAs) must assure that their affiliates and branches comply with all requirements in 24 CFR Part 214 Subpart D Section 214.315 and HUD Handbook 7610.1 REV-5. These recordkeeping requirements also apply to all HUD-approved Local Housing Counseling Agencies (LHCAs), Multi-State Organizations (MSOs) and their branches, and any participating non-funded agencies.


Tags: Housing Counseling Program Recordkeeping