Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Does an Intermediary, State Housing Finance Agency (SHFA), or Multi-State Organization (MSO) need to have a Housing Counseling Work Plan?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


Yes, as a participating agency, Intermediary, SHFA, and MSO must also have a Housing Counseling Work Plan that includes similar information for their network of affiliated agencies or branches.  HUD must approve any amended plans prior to implementation.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Housing Counseling Agency Approval