Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Where should a client receiving financial counseling/coaching be reported in Section 9 (Households Receiving One-on-One Counseling by Purpose) and Section 10 (Impacts and Scope of One-on-One Counseling Services)? 

Date Published: April 2018

Print ShareThis


Households receiving financial management and/or budget services should be reported in Section 9 under the applicable type of counseling (e.g. a renter receiving financial management and/or budget services would be reported as receiving Rental Topics counseling). That same household would also be reported in Section 10.c. (Households for whom counselor developed a sustainable household budget through the provision of financial management and/or budget services), as well as any other applicable Section 10 categories, to show the impact and scope of that counseling.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Agency Activity Report (9902)