Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

How should households seeking information from a Housing Counseling Agency about fair housing or the fair housing complaint process be reported in the HUD-9902 form?

Date Published: April 2018

Print ShareThis


Counseling provided to a household with a Fair Housing Complaint should be reported in Section 9 under the applicable type of counseling (e.g. a renter with a Fair Housing Complaint would be reported as receiving Rental Topics counseling). That same household would also be reported in Section 10.b. (Households that received information on fair housing, fair lending and/or accessibility rights), and in any other applicable Section 10 categories, to show the impact and scope of that counseling.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Agency Activity Report (9902)