Housing Counseling FAQ

Are there specific training organizations that HUD prefers? Can we obtain training from any organization?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


HUD refers HCAs to several organizations for housing counseling training workshops, online courses, and certificate programs. In some instances HUD contracts with organizations to provide training for counselors. The organizations currently contracted and approved by HUD are listed on HUD’s Housing Counseling Training Resources webpage.

Organizations with relevant content and with reputable credentials can be used. Some of the prominent national housing counseling training providers includes HUD, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), NeighborWorks of America, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, U.S. Department of Treasury, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC), National Council of La Raza (NCLR), and various state and local finance agencies and governmental entities.


Tags: Housing Counseling Program Housing Counseling Agency Approval

Links in This FAQ