Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

What documents are required for a government entity applying to become a HUD-approved housing counseling agency?

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


A government entity is required to submit the relevant statutory document(s) issued by the local, state, or federal authority that authorizes the agency to operate. The document(s) must be signed and notarized by the authorizing officials. A government applicant must also complete a form HUD-9900 electronically.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Housing Counseling Agency Approval