Due to the lapse in Congressional Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is closed. This website is supported by a cooperative agreement funded under a prior appropriation. Current functions will remain operational but no new functions will be added during the lapse in appropriations. For more information, see HUD Contingency Plan for Possible Lapse in Appropriations.
Housing Counseling FAQ

Can I submit a board resolution with minutes that states we will provide housing counseling? Does it have to be filed or stamped by the State in which we reside? 

Date Published: October 2015

Print ShareThis


The housing counseling agency’s (HCA) charter, articles of incorporation, or by-laws must specifically authorize the HCA to provide housing counseling. If your State requires recordation of these documents, you must submit a filed copy of the relevant recorded document(s). Otherwise, signed and dated documents from the board members will be acceptable.

Tags: Housing Counseling Program Housing Counseling Agency Approval