CDBG Entitlement FAQ

Is a grantee required to have an ADA Officer/Coordinator due to Section 504 and the ADA? And if so, is there a resource that describes the responsibilities of this position?

Date Published: May 2015

Print ShareThis


There are two resources that should help clarify what is required:

In terms of designating a specific person, Basically CDBG provides the requirements under Section 504 where grantees with more than 15 employees must have a 504 coordinator. This person may already exist within your local government - you might check to determine who that person is within your jurisdiction. For ADA, there is no requirement that a specific person be designated; however, CDBG entitlement staff should be knowledgeable about what is required in terms of funding and monitoring CDBG activities that are in compliance with the ADA requirements.

Tags: CDBG Entitlement Program Fair Housing and Section 504

Links in This FAQ