CDBG Entitlement FAQ

How do I determine income eligibility for military personnel? Should I include special pay and allowances in addition to their regular pay?

Date Published: May 2015

Print ShareThis


When determining income for military personnel you must include all regular pay, special pay and allowances (except as provided in Income Exclusions). Therefore, the food and housing allowances (BAS and BAH) would be included in income. You would exclude from income for military personnel special pay to a family member serving in the Armed Forces who is exposed to hostile fire. You will also need to consider any other sources of income (e.g. other employment, income from assets) for both the member of the military as well as other members of the household to determine the household’s total annual income and their eligibility for your program by using the CPD Income Calculator.

Tags: CDBG Entitlement Program Income Determination

Links in This FAQ