CDBG Entitlement FAQ

Should a city department that we fund with CDBG dollars have their own DUNS Number? Our Community Development Department has their own DUNS Number, but other city departments tend to use our DUNS Number.

Date Published: May 2015

Print ShareThis


In most cases, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is the agreement between departments in the same City. So, if the department you are funding is part of the same legal entity, a separate DUNS number would not be required.

However, if a legal agreement is executed between the Community Development Department and another department receiving a subaward of $25,000 or more of CDBG funds, the subaward must be reported in the FFATA Subaward Reporting System (FSRS). A unique entity identifier (i.e., the DUNS number) is one of the mandatory fields in the FSRS, so one would be required for the department receiving the subaward. However, these kinds of agreements generally occur between the Grantee and subrecipients or contractors, not between City Departments. 

Tags: CDBG Entitlement Program Audits and Budgeting