The AHAR reports data on people served during a 12-month period, from October 1 through September 30 of the following year. Beginning on October 1st of each year, AHAR data Liaisons contact participating communities to collect their data. Thus, October 1 is an important date because it marks both the start of a new AHAR data cycle and the collection of data for the previous 12 months.
Note: CoCs should complete their All Persons data before completing their Veterans data submissions.
The schedule for submitting data to the AHAR is:
- October 31, 2017: draft data on both All Persons and Veterans.
- Submitting draft data by the deadline ensures that your data Liaison has sufficient time to thoroughly review the data in advance of the final deadline. In the past, data submissions that miss the draft deadline are less likely to be used in the AHAR due to data quality issues. For purposes of meeting the draft deadline, all of your AHAR reporting categories should be changed from “in progress” to “in review.” Once the data are “in review,” your AHAR data Liaison can review the submission and provide you with any necessary feedback prior to the AHAR final deadline.
- December 1, 2017: final data on both All Persons and Veterans.
- After 11:59pm Pacific Time on December 1, communities will no longer be able to make changes to their data in the HDX. Data are considered final at this time. By December 2nd at 12:01AM, all data categories will be marked automatically as “Complete” where necessary, and the Confirm button will appear. The CoC Primary contact in the HDX is the only person with rights to click on the confirm button; it is visible but inactive for all other HDX contacts.
- December 5, 2017: confirmation of data for both All Persons and Veterans.
- The community’s CoC Primary should go into HDX and confirm their data submission by this date. If they do not, the data will be auto-confirmed at 12:01am Pacific Time on December 6, 2017. The AHAR data Liaison is not authorized to assess the usability status of your data unless the data are confirmed.
View the most recent PDF of all the AHAR FAQs.