Environmental Review FAQ

What if the property owner failed to maintain flood insurance on a Special Flood Hazards Areas (SFHA) property previously assisted with Federal disaster relief assistance?

Date Published: May 2014

Print ShareThis


No Federal disaster relief assistance made available in a flood disaster area may be used to make a payment (including any loan assistance payment) to a person for repair, replacement, or restoration for damage to any personal, residential, or commercial property if that person at any time has received flood disaster assistance that was conditional on the person first having obtained flood insurance under the applicable Federal law and subsequently having failed to obtain and maintain flood insurance as required under applicable Federal law on such property (Section 582(a) of the Act). For HUD policy, see 24 CFR 58.6(b).

Tags: Environmental Review Flood Insurance

Links in This FAQ