What is the HUD Exchange?
The HUD Exchange is an online platform for providing program information, guidance, services, and tools to HUD's community partners, including state and local governments, nonprofit organizations, Continuums of Care (CoCs), Public Housing Authorities (PHAs), tribes, and partners of these organizations.
The HUD Exchange provides resources and assistance to support HUD's community partners including:
- Programs and Related Topics
- Program and Related Topic pages | Find home pages for HUD programs, systems, and related topics to help communities administer their programs.
- Policy Areas | Learn more about what HUD is doing to support selected policy areas. Featured policy areas include affordable housing development and preservation, community and economic development, environment and energy, fair housing, ending homelessness, homeownership, rental assistance, and supportive housing and services.
- Trainings | Find and register for upcoming and online trainings, and view and download materials from previously held trainings.
- Program Support
- Grantee Data and Profiles
Value of the HUD Exchange
The HUD Exchange provides value to HUD's grantees and their partners by centralizing resources and services, making information transparent and accessible, streamlining processes, reducing errors, enhancing data collection, and building skills. HUD Exchange improves HUD's ability to respond to grantee needs by enhancing the efficiency of HUD staff and TA providers to provide necessary tools, guidance, and services.
Who should use the HUD Exchange?
The HUD Exchange is intended for recipients of HUD funding, such as state and local governments, nonprofits, tribes, public housing authorities, and their partners.
Are you an individual looking for housing or homeless assistance?
Visit our ‘Need Housing Assistance?’ page to find local agencies that provide a range of services including food, housing, health, and safety.
Other HUD Websites
- HUD.gov is intended for the general public and provides departmental press releases, organizational information, and information about services for individuals seeking housing assistance.
- HUDuser.gov is intended for the research community and provides a vast array of housing research, data, and policy analysis published by HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R).
About Community Compass and the HUD Exchange
HUD Exchange is supported through Community Compass, HUD’s Technical Assistance Initiative.
What is Community Compass?
Community Compass helps HUD’s customers navigate complex housing and community development challenges by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, tools, capacity, and systems to implement HUD programs and policies successfully. The goal of Community Compass is to empower communities to implement successful programs by providing effective technical assistance and capacity building services.
Community Compass brings together technical assistance investments from across HUD program offices, including Office of Community Planning and Development, Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Office of Housing, Office of Policy Development and Research, and Office of Public and Indian Housing.
We'd love to hear from you. Whether you have a comment, a question, or need help finding information on the website, we are here to help! Contact Us